Chances are you've probably seen the Hatdog shirt making rounds over at Facebook. You've also probably been amazed and astounded with how witty the design is (because it is!). The Hatdog design is included in the witty shirt collection made under Karitoon Daily. Karitoon's shirt success can be attributed not only to his superb designs but, with his hugot and funny puns as well.
Hatdog Shirt P350
The designer behind Karitoon is a talented young man who spends his day making art. He has also been featured at The Daily Inquirer, Candy Mag, and Garage Magazine. He's also the man behind several teleserye logos such as Dolce Amore and 'Til I Met. We couldn't pass up the chance to do a feature on this tremendously talented creator, so we had a quick chat with the creator behind Karitoon Daily and asked him questions about his design process including how he became a BuzzFeed contributor.
Karitoon Daily Shirts
1. Tell us about yourself–who is the genius behind Karitoon Daily?
My name is Kar Vic. I'm a motion graphic artist and illustrator. You can see some of my work here and on TV!
2. Aside from being a graphic artist, what other talents do you have? Even the weird ones count!
I paint! I love painting with watercolor.
3. What is a normal work-day for you like? Do you design all day long?
I make graphics for ABS CBN. This mostly occupies my day as it is my day job. But yeah, I draw/paint when I get home.
4. Your Hatdog shirt is one of the best selling shirts in our marketplace. Where do you usually get your inspiration from?
Shared experiences ng mga Pinoy. Puns and corniest pilit jokes!
5. How did you get to be a BuzzFeed Philippines contributor?
Buzzfeed was looking for a Philippine-based content writer. I'm not a good writer, so I sent my comics instead. To my surprise, they loved it and immediately got me on board!
6. You have a significant following on Facebook, and your posts often get a ton of shares. Can you offer artists some advice about growing and managing social media – and the value of doing that?
I have four tips:
Don't be afraid to share your ideas online.
Create quality content.
Make sure it hits the audience's heart, nostalgia, and experience.
7. What's the next big thing for Karitoon? What can your fans expect from you?
Videos and animations!
You can see all of Karitoon Daily shirts here. Prices start at P350 with COD available nationwide!